Orchestrator 2012 R2 bug – SQL activity

Hi there!

we had quite a funny period while being hit by a bug in System Center Orchestrator 2012 R2. What happened is that basically after installing UR14, we faced several issues with “Query Database” activity like multiple orphaned runbook instances, or that the configuration values of the activity got vanished upon Check-in.

Huh, after few days of no luck, and opening a case with MS, we were provided with a hotfix. We ran following SQL query against an Orchestrator DB:

ALTER TABLE dbo.TASK_QUERYDATABASE Add CONSTRAINT
DF_TASK_QUERYDATABASE_InitialCatalog DEFAULT '' FOR InitialCatalog

This actually fixed the bug, but you need to make sure that any runbooks you created after patching and before this fix are updated.

 

Let me know if it worked for you.

 

Cheers,

Robot(ICT) guy

Published by

Lukas Vu

I started in IT with my own business since high school providing automated and centralized hosting solutions to end customers. Nowadays I'm focusing on corporate area, analyzing, managing and improving customer's IT environments. My main focus nowadays is automation and architectural improvements.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.